Stationery Bootcamp: Operation Designer Arsenal
Stationery Bootcamp is a step-by-step online training course for entry-level graphic artists and paper crafters who want to establish themselves as custom stationery designers for weddings and special events. Weather you are looking for a change in career or looking to turn a hobby into a business (as I did), the lessons provided in Stationery Bootcamp will prepare you to excel in your craft and thrive as a creative professional.
Upon purchase: You will receive a receipt for your records and a PDF document with additional information.
Within 24 hours: you will receive an email link to register with a login and password to access the lessons at StationeryBootcamp.com
Lifetime access: This is a one-time-membership fee.
Once you've registered, you can work at your own pace and access the lessons at any point in your career.
Registration: Now open - invest in your future today!
Testimonials: Scroll down to read what students have to say about Stationery Bootcamp.
All sales are final
Due to the digital nature of this course, no refunds will be issued.
In my course, Stationery Bootcamp, you will learn everything about the process involved in the creation of custom invitations for weddings and corporate events. You will be guided step-by-step through each phase of the design process, from responding to client inquiries to file setup, print management, all the way through to delivery of a complete stationery ensemble. Learn how to design and manage professional quality work and familiarize yourself with the terms of the trade to better communicate with both printers and clients.
There's more to stationery design than meets the eye and I open-heartedly share ALL of my design and project management secrets in great detail via Stationery Bootcamp. If you're serious about becoming a professional stationery designer, this course will prepare you for what's to come and will help you avoid some of the mistakes I made at the beginning of my journey as I found my way on my own. You, on the other hand, don't have to do it alone. Once you become part of Stationery Bootcamp, you gain access to a stationery designer with 20 years of graphic design experience. Questions are encouraged and I will do my best to respond in a timely manner.
There are currently 13 Lessons in the Designer Arsenal
PLUS separate pages containing Q&A, Tutorials, Terminology, Resources & Wholesale Vendors
- The Process - An inside view at my entire process, all the way from the initial client inquiry to the delivery of a completed custom invitations order and everything in between. You can adapt my process or borrow from it as needed. Includes guidelines and actionable steps to remain organized, gain your clients' trust and keep them involved and up to date with the progress every step of the way.
- Digital and Analog Designer Tools - An introduction to the tools of the trade, what they are and when to use them.
- Software Introduction and Tutorials - Quick overview of the three applications I use to create my stationery designs, address envelopes and create forms. Includes short introductory video tutorials. "How to..." software tutorials will be added on an ongoing basis
- Design Tips - Follow these design tips at all times to ensure your designs have a polished, professional look.
- Templates - Learn how to save time and energy by creating and using templates that will speed up many aspects of the project management and design process.
- Time Management - How to create a timeline for each project to ensure you and your client understand the amount of time and work that goes into each phase. It's important that you don't overbook yourself, that you allow enough time to complete each project and that you leave a little wiggle room to deal with unexpected circumstances such as vendor delays, sick days, planned vacations, etc.
- Documentation - You will learn all about the necessary documents that will help you gather project information, understand project goals, stay organized and transition from one phase to the next. Those documents include: The Creative Brief, Font List, Invitation Wording, Service Agreement, Proofing Checklist, Production Form and Price List.
- Terminology - Learn the terms of the trade so that you may effectively communicate with your clients, other designers and print shops.
- Print Estimates - Learn the terminology and find out exactly what information you need to include in your emails when submitting a quote request to the print shop.
- Digital Proofs - How to set up your digital files for on-screen client proofing, before producing any physical mockup proofs.
- Vendors & Resources - Access to a list of trusted resources I use, guidance as to what services to outsource and when, what to look for in a vendor/supplier and finding a supportive community
New lessons to be added through Summer 2018 at no additional cost to you!
Enroll today and enjoy these added lessons as they become available at no additional cost!
- Prepress Setup - How to set up your files to print by a professional print shop.
- Critiques - What to expect during a design presentation, and how to extract precise and useful information from your customer to ensure you are able to bring forth their vision based on their feedback.
- Software tutorials - "How to..." video tutorials will be added on an on-going basis through Summer 2016. Some of the tutorials include: how to set up files for proofing, how to set up files for press and getting to know your way around Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
"I have been going slowly through the course and I have to say that I am so grateful for the day I came across your website. I like your tone in the course and all your instructions plus your tips are valuable...to the point of getting rid of anxieties and insecurities that have been crawling up into my brains..."
- Genevieve D., Switzerland
“Hi Dio, Thank you so much!!!! Module 1 is fantastic!!! Yes, it is a lot to take in for a newbie like myself, but very informative and helpful!!! You really, honestly have exceeded my expectations! I look forward to the other modules for sure!!!!!!!”
- Wanda J., Clinton, MD
"After years of creating custom stationery for family and friends, I was ready to launch my hobby into a small business. But there were not many resources out there for newbies. Sure there are tutorials on the technical aspects of being a stationery designer but nothing out there that really helps get you started from a behind the scenes business stand point, until now that is. I found Stationery Bootcamp and I could not be more grateful to have access to such a great wealth of information. I have been a member for a little over a week and I have already secured my first wedding invitation client for the 2016 wedding season."
- Brandi L., Verona, NJ
"You have no idea how valuable this course has been to me. I was very very very lucky to have stumbled upon your website at the perfect time for me.
From your course I was able to develop a standard for how the process should flow. I was able to develop paperwork, contracts and also research better on what supplies and suppliers to use. You helped me tremendously to look very professional even though being novice at this print design.
Thanks so much for the hard work you put in to help people/novice designers like me!"
- Kimberly P., Saint Louis, MO